FMP6

After chatting with Alan, I start to rethink my choreography in my animation. the references I found before are too fake. to increase the realism of my fight scene noticed that I should reduce the waiting time between every attack. for example, when one of the characters is in the process of a set of action the character won’t stand still and wait. he will try to attack him in this process. as this video from UFC,

looking at the people’s feet you will see the character keeps moving back and forward slightly and also their torso and arms.

so I add this slight movement in this part of my animation. while the left-hand side character is in the process of the round kick, the right-hand side character does not stand still like before, he is changing his step and trying to use do the punch attack.

this is the comparison of my previous animation and the advanced one.

(previous)

(now)

another point will be given the character reaction time when people are fighting they will anticipation other’s movement. but my first version blocking is more like they already know what will happen next. to avoid this, I changed the frame on the timeline. like this kick, sam kicked David on frame 66. so before frame 66, David will not raise his arm to block this kick.

in frame 65, David’s arm is still put down, when it comes to frame 66 David raise his arm and block the kick.

the last point is to find nice references for every action. my choreography of David will be

1. pistol defense

I found this video which is real and great, I will need to let my character really evade the shot, so I change the first pose from the first image to the second image.

previous
now

and David will move his pelvis lower while he tries to evade the shot.

2. Spinning Backfist

previous

now

3.high kick defense

previous

new

4. round kick

previous

new

5. high kick defense

now

I change David and sam’s actions because the connection between their previous actions looks more natural.

Sam’s choreography

1. gun point head

previous

now

2. fist defense

previous
now

3. grip the arm

previous

now

4. high kick

previous
now

5. bend waist

previous

now

6. Double Kick

previous
previous
previous
now
now
now
now