Gameplay animation week5

after fixing the animation, I would like to start to set up the cloth animation. Last time in the one-to-one meeting Luke told me a plug-in that I could use on the cloth animation. I download and try to use it on Link’s cloth.

it stimulates the cloth animation directly, and really time-saving. but because link animation is exaggerated, so the mesh colliding situation happens most of the time. I think maybe I can add the collision to the mesh and see how things going on.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/maya/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2019/ENU/Maya-CharEffEnvBuild/files/GUID-59D6108B-1208-49AC-830C-74CCD71A2A7B-htm.html

I searching maya’s ncloth stimulation, and read a small intro of ncloth.

but link’s cloth and body didn’t seperate so I have to change my idea.

so I pull them out directly, and see how things going on.

the result is not good, the cloth been strach too much.

I selected only the middle part controller and lower part controller, and the test result become better.

I tried the hierachy mode the result is much more better, it makes the cloth looks thick and heavy.

so I decided to use the hierachy mode, and the automatic create tangent have some problem, so I use euler filter to fix the curves.

after using the euler filter the result becomes better, but the cloth mesh colliding still happens.

so I animate the top rank controller.

try to avoid the mesh colliding. after adjusting the curves, the front cloth animation looks better. and there is a cloth on Link’s back. I am going to use the same type of stimulation in the plugin, and also I still need to control the tangents to avoid the colliding mesh.