Gameplay animation week1

I decided to do a series of gameplay animation it contains the normal attack, heavy attack, and idle these three different situations. because I want to be a gameplay animator in the future, gameplay animation will be one of the important parts of my showreel.

The gameplay animators that inspire me are the below.

these gameplay animations are super amazing. from the action design to the lighting and rendering.

The link will be the rig, I am going to use. it has a nice rig and props, like a sword and shield.

Gameplay animation’s tip

I book a one to one session with Luke, to ask a few questions about gameplay animation, one of the most important tips Luke give me, the model’s center of gravity need to avoid moving forward or backward, because gameplay animation will be done as cycle animation, to get a perfect cycle animation to need to avoid the pelvis movement on the z axis.

Action design

normal attack

I draw a sketch to design the normal attack’s every key pose.

According to this reference, I will need to shoot this into a video reference.

I spend few days shooting the normal attack reference because it is difficult than I thought may be is because I usually lack doing the exercise, so shoot all key poses into one video can’t give me a good result. I have to separate them into different parts so that I can shoot the same action several times and choose the best one. I cut these sequences into a final video, and make them look continually, and import them into tif files.