Walking ball and Bouncing fox

To making the bouncing fox animation I used 6 principles to finish the video. The first principle I like to talk about is Squash and Stretch. Just like how I did on the bouncing ball video, the last keyframe before the fox hit the ground will add a stretch, the keyframe when the fox hit the ground add squash, and when the fox reaches the highest place don’t add any transfer, set all the transition to 0 . when I move to the last squash, I let the squash last for 4 frames, cause when I try 1 frame is too fast can’t be seen really clear. So I slow down the speed hope it looks better.

the second principle is Follow-Through and Overlapping Action, the foxtail move with the fox jump, when the fox finishes its jump, the tail still moving for some frames, first I follow luke’s video to finish the first jump and set keyframe again and again. the problem I met is when I start a new key the fox’s body will sink into the cubes, At first, I can’t find where is going wrong, but finally, I found the problem is the part of the graph is a curve. where I circled in blue pen, I use break tangent to adjust the tangents. The problem is been solved.

The third principle is arcs, Luke told us to keep the arcs smooth, open the motion trail to check the curves, when I finish the first jump the arcs looks really angular, so I adjust the tail’s 4 parts to make the curves as smooth as possible and add more keyframes between the main keyframes. To make the animation smooth need to be patient.

The fourth principle is anticipation, I squash on frame 1, fox prepare for it’s first jump, to maintaince the energy, then jump to another cube.

The fifth principle is the ease in, ease out. I use this in the jump of hole fox, use tangent to let the curve look like this, and all the tail’s parts movement. To keep the motion looks better.

the last principle put not least, timing. I keep 24 keyframes a jump, cause the distance of every cube is almost the same, so I didn’t change the number of frames between every jump.

Walking ball

https://vimeo.com/480461124

the reference to my walking cycle is John McCullough’s, which Luke shows us in the lesson.

I use the image plane to put this image on the background, to adjust ballie ‘s legs, foot, and foe. After keyframed 24 frames walk cycle, just move the picture to start keyframe every pose again.

The reference’s left side has some notes, they are really useful for me, they show the details that need to be noticed when I am keyframing the ballie’s motion. I adjust any tangent on the curve, keep things vanilla.

after keyframing ballie’s leg needs to double-check few times, to make sure ballie’s knee and foe are looked right, and sometimes I will forget to keyframe some parts, it will cause a wired look. walking cycle is the best way to learn what is overlapping, it makes me see overlapping clear.

I set a camera to dolly shot on ballie, cause ballie go across the screen for a long distance.